D.Ed. Special Education (ASD)
10+2 with minimum 50% marks.
|Annual Fee -|
|Semester Fee -|
Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) is a group of complex Neuro-developmental disorders affecting communication, socialization, thought and behavior, and includes individuals with wide range of functional abilities.
The symptoms may vary from being very severe to being very mild. The number of persons receiving a diagnosis of ASD is increasing rapidly.
The course is designed to enable the trainee teacher to develop an understanding of characteristics and etiology of ASD and associated conditions.
- Be familiar with the process of screening and diagnosis of ASD
- Understand the objectives of general education, and organization of special education services
- Plan and implement educational programs selecting teaching methods suitable for children with ASD
- Develop suitable educational programs for children with conditions associated with ASD
- Integrate the prescribed therapeutic programs within classroom
- Understand the needs of family and promote integration of person with ASD within family and community