B.Ed. Special Education (MR)
Candidates with at last 50% marks either in the Bachelors Degree and / or in the Master degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Humanities/ Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with Specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the program (as per RCI Norms)
|Annual Fee -|
|Semester Fee -|
The B.Ed. Special Education (Mental Retardation) course will prepare human resources to enable them to acquire knowledge and develop competencies and skills to impart education and training effectively to all children including children with special needs especially in the area of mental retardation.
- To enable the trainees to understand the concept of disability, inclusive education, discipline of education and mainstreaming of the differently abled children in the field of mental retardation.
- To make the trainees understand how differently abled children learn and develop, how they differ in their approaches to learning due to their disabilities and create learning opportunities that are beneficial to their diverse learning needs and context.
- To develop the skills of teacher trainees to plan special learning experiences in both curricular and co-curricular activities in and outside the class room which are based on the existing learning difficulties faced by the differently abled persons to achieve the objectives of the curriculum.
- To enable the trainees to understand and use formal and informal assessment strategies to identify, evaluate and educate differently abled persons and work towards their rehabilitation in the society.
- To identify the special needs of children with disabilities and develop confidence in them to realize their potential and abilities to live with self-respect, dignity and freedom.
- To develop skills and competencies of the teacher trainees to cater to the needs of the children with mental retardation and disabilities in general and in special class setting in particular in cognitive, affective and skill domains.
- To equip trainees with various techniques of teaching children with mental retardation associated with additional disabilities in special and inclusive set up.