Diploma in Operation Theatre Technician
|Eligibility Criteria |
10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, & Biology as compulsory subjects, having obtained at least 40% marks in the above subjects taken together.
|Annual Fee -|
|Semester Fee -|
The Operation Theater and Anesthesia Technologist are responsible for direct and indirect patient care, setting up the equipment and procedures during operations. They are trained specifically into assisting the surgeons and often work as extra hands for the surgeons.
- Basic Human sciences, Communicative English & Computer application
- Operation room setup & Medico-legal aspects of anesthesia and anesthesia technology
- Basic principles of Electricity & its application in O.T., ICU., CSSD
- Fire safety in OT. Patient Monitoring & OT environment
- Pharmacology, Microbiology, Anatomy and Physiology
- Project work/Dissertation
To provide an immersive experience, there is a high need for industry internships, seminars and trainings delivered by expert professionals and academicians. Sanskriti edge is all about opportunities available to the students and the endeavour is to impart skills through practical immersion.
Career Path & Salaries
Surgery has become an integral part of global health care, with an estimated 234 million operations performed yearly. Employment opportunities are widely available at Operation room at hospitals, Day care surgical units, Nursing home, Intensive care units.
OT technicians typically earn 1.8-2.0 Lac rupees per annum at the start of their careers. Employment opportunities are also generated in the Government sector. If a candidate is applying to a job in foreign countries, such as USA or UK, the remuneration is much higher than it is in India. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), “demand for operating room technicians was expected to grow by 15% from 2014-2024, primarily due to the increased aging population. Most operating room technicians are employed in hospitals. In 2015, operating room technicians earned a median annual salary of $44,330”.
Operation Theater Technologists are required across all hospitals for conduct of surgeries which include General Surgery, Opthalmic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Gynacology Surgery, Plastic Surgery, ENT surgery, Neurosurgery, Cardio Therapy Surgery, Spinal Surgery, Urology etc.
Hostel Fee Structure
- Rs. 55,000/- per annum (for double A/C)
- Rs. 45,000/- per annum (for triple A/C)
- Rs. 30,000/- per annum (for triple occupancy)
- Rs. 40,000/- per annum (for double occupancy)
- Rs. 25,000/- per annum (for six seated room - only for Diploma Courses)
- Rs. 25,000/- per annum